Throughout a press conference that was held at Chandigarh railway station, Ambala Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) Dinesh Sharma said they have been working on refining the trains for a long time. “Finally, we have promoted the Shatabdi. Many developments or improvements have been made to the existing coaches so that our passengers can have an enjoyable and different experience while traveling.
The train staff have also been skilled to exhibit better behavior. We deliberately called for the press conference after 10 days so that we could get proper feedback from our travelers.”
Traveling by the Chandigarh-New Delhi Shatabdi Express will be an entire new experience now. The train that plies between the city beautiful and the national capital has been promoted to offer a memorable experience to the travelers. Indian Express had stated that the passengers who travelled by the upgraded train gave it a thumbs up.
The undertaking to redesign the Shatabdi Express that interfaces New Delhi and Chandigarh had been doled out to the Ambala division by the Northern Railway. Prepare number 12045 and 12046 has been overhauled at a cost of around Rs 2.2 lakh for every mentor.
Table of Contents
Project Swarn – The Makeover Project (Chandigarh-Delhi trains)
The main emphasis of the makeover project “Swarn” will be on the development of the sanitation system of the coaches and altering the interiors & exteriors of the trains totally. And the people of Chandigarh will be lucky sufficient to experience all of these deviations or changes.
- Renew the interiors of the coaches completely
- Better the condition of the toilets in both trains
- Make the catering system much more punctual and disciplined
- The security system of the trains will also be braced up effectively
- The quality of the materials will be upgraded in the coaches
- The staff will be given a new formal uniform and will be trained
- Entertainment options will be provided to the passengers on board
- Like serials, films, music and much more.
- The trains will get more punctual
The Shatabdi trains that are going to get refurbished are New Delhi-Chandigarh, New-Delhi to Amritsar, New Delhi-Kanpur, Anand Vihar-Kathgodam, Howrah-Ranchi, Howrah-Puri. And the Rajdhani trains that are clear for the makeover ply on arrangements of Howrah, Ranchi, Bhubaneshwar, Patna and Mumbai.