CLAT Application Form 2020 – Important Dates
Important Dates related to CLAT 2020
Issue of Notification
January 1, 2020
|Online registration begins for CLAT 2020||
January 1, 2020
|CLAT online application window opens||
March 31, 2020
|Fee payment window opens||
January 1, 2020
|Last date for registering online||
March 31, 2020
|CLAT online application window closes||
March 31, 2020
|Offline Fee payment window closes||
Last week of February 2020
|Online Fee payment window closes||
March 31, 2020
|Last date to print/download application form||
Second week of May 2020
*Tentative dates; Subject to change
CLAT Application Form 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates filling up CLAT 2020 Application Form need to read the eligibility criteria of CLAT 2020. To appear in CLAT 2020, a candidate needs to fulfill the CLAT eligibility criteria as laid down by the CLAT Committee. A candidate applying for undergraduate law programme needs to score at least 45 percent marks in aggregate of the subjects in 10+2 qualifying examination. Those applying for postgraduate law programmes, need to possess an LLB degree with 55 percent marks in the final year examination.
CLAT Application Form 2020 – Pre-requisites before filling CLAT 2020 application
The candidates before proceeding to online registration of CLAT 2020 need to have the following details in hand. While they keep a list of following things handy, they would manage to fill application form of CLAT 2020 without much hassle.
What should you keep ready before filling CLAT 2020 application form?
- Email Id – The email id is to be used for CLAT registration purpose and should be an active one because all the correspondences regarding CLAT 2020 will be made via this email id.
- Mobile Number – The next important pre-requisite for CLAT application form 2020 is a mobile number. The candidates will need to provide a working mobile number because the login id and password of CLAT Candidate Login will be sent to this number only.
- Scanned Images – Before proceeding to the CLAT 2020 registration process, candidates will also need to scan the images of photograph and signature which are to be uploaded during filling the CLAT 2020 application form.
- Class 10th and 12th Marksheet Details – Candidates will also have to provide the details of Class 10th and Class 12th mark sheet details during the application process of CLAT 2020, therefore it’s quite important that they keep the information handy.
- Identity Proof – One of the CLAT 2020 application form fields requires to provide details of identity proof. Candidates should keep ready any such document which can be Aadhaar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, etc for the proof of their identity.
- Any other necessary document scanned copy – Those who will be applying for CLAT 2020 under a reserved category or Specially-Abled Person (SAP) category need to keep a scanned copy of the supporting document ready before proceeding to fill the CLAT registration-cum-application process.
How to fill CLAT Application Form 2020
During filling the application form of CLAT 2020, law aspirants like you may need useful guidance on ‘How to fill the CLAT 2020 application form’. The step-by-step guide on ‘How to fill CLAT application form’ will help you in the hassle-free application process of CLAT 2020. We brings you the detailed process of CLAT 2020 application form which includes online CLAT registration, filling up of CLAT 2020 application form, uploading of documents and payment of CLAT application fees before submitting the application form of CLAT 2020. Follow the below mentioned steps to know ‘How to register for CLAT and fill the application form.
CLAT 2020 Application Process: Online Registration
- Click on the official link ‘CLAT 2020 Application Form’ (to be given on this page)
- A new page will open with the link of ‘New Registration’ and ‘Login’ button
- Click on ‘New Registration’ button
- Enter required details including Name, Parents’ Name, Date of Birth and Email Id
- Check the inbox of the registered mobile number or mailbox of email id for CLAT 2020 Candidate Login details- user id and password
CLAT 2020 Application Process: Filling online application form
Using the CLAT Candidate Login Details-user id and password, candidates can fill the application form of CLAT 2020.
- After entering the login credentials, candidates also need to enter the captcha code provided on the screen and click on ‘Submit’.
- Candidates now need to fill other details like the educational qualification, address for communication, test center of their choice and then upload photograph and signature in the given size.
- Now after filling all the details correctly, candidates need to remit the application fee as prescribed.
- After which aspirants are advised to check all the filled details by clicking on Edit/Update option if required.
- If no other changes are required, candidates will be required to click on the ‘Save & Submit’ tab and Submit the application form.
CLAT Application Form 2020 – Documents to be uploaded
Candidates need to keep the following documents mentioned here handy to upload along with the application form of CLAT 2020 –
- 10+2 Qualifying examination marks sheet
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- High School marks-sheet
- Candidate’s signature (Prescribed size)
- Recent coloured passport sized photograph
- Disability Certificate for Physically handicapped candidates
- Category Certificate for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category
- Special Category Certificate of Bihar; Dependent of Freedom Fighter of Bihar and Kashmiri migrant (if applicable)
- NRI/NRI sponsored candidate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate under State Quota (if applicable)
CLAT Application Form 2020 – Remitting of fees
After filling the CLAT 2020 Application form, candidates will be required to remit the application fee in online mode. Candidates can fill the application form through payment modes as – Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking/ Mobile Payment App. It should be noted that Internet Handling charges will be borne by the candidates themselves. Candidates can also get details on the application fees as given here in the table –
CLAT Application Form fee
Fees (in INR)
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||4000|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||
Specially-Abled Person (SAP)
CLAT Application Form 2020 – Important instructions
- CLAT 2020 Application Form can be filled only in online mode.
- Candidates are advised to read the complete registration process of CLAT before filling the application form of CLAT 2020.
- Candidates need to fill all the details correctly like – Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, email id and password.
- A candidate should fill in all the details carefully because changes would not be possible once the application form have been submitted.
- During the CLAT application process, candidates will need to upload a photograph and signature of the prescribed size mentioned.
- Candidates will be required to remit the application fee after filling the application form.
- The application form fee can be remitted in both offline and online modes.
- After filling the application form, candidates are advised to take a print out of the same for future references.
CLAT Application Form 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1. When is CLAT 2020 application form likely to be announced?
Ans: The application form of CLAT 2020 is expected to be announced on March 1, 2020. National Law University Odisha (NLUO) Cuttack will be announcing the CLAT application form in online mode.
Q.2. Can I purchase the CLAT 2020 application form offline at any counter?
Ans: No. The application form of CLAT 2020 will be available online only. The candidates need to apply for CLAT 2020 in online mode and submit the CLAT application form 2020 through the CLAT Online Application Processing System (CoAPS).
Q.3. What is CLAT 2020 application form fee?
Ans: If you belong to General, OBC and SAP category, you need to pay an application fee of Rs. 4000 for CLAT 2020. The candidates belonging to SC and ST categories need to pay Rs. 3500 for CLAT application fee. Moreover, the application fee of CLAT 2020 needs to be paid online using either of the Debit Card, Credit Card, or Net Banking payment option.
Q.4. What if I don’t receive a CLAT 2020 registration id and password?
Ans: After candidates have registered for CLAT 2020, they need to check the inbox of the email id and mobile phone. A message or a mail mentioning the CLAT registration id and password will be sent to their provided mobile number and email id. Due to network issues, the mail or message may be delayed so re-check after some time to receive the CLAT Candidate Login details in the form of registration id and password.
Q.5. I have already filled the CLAT 2020 application form but need to change a few fields. Can I fill another application form of CLAT?
Ans: The application form of CLAT 2020 can be filled only once using one email id. According to the CLAT Online Application Processing System (CoAPS), CLAT registration is not possible with the same e-mail id and mobile number. Further, the law aspirants are advised to fill the CLAT application form cautiously as once the application form of CLAT 2020 has been submitted, no fields can be updated.
Q.6. Can I fill the CLAT 2020 application form in phases?
Ans: No. Those applying for CLAT 2020 will need to complete the CLAT application process in one go. This is why the candidates have been asked to keep a certain set of document ready before filling the CLAT 2020 application form. In any case, you leave the application form of CLAT 2020 half-filled, you need to log in again and fill the CLAT application form from the beginning as nothing will be saved after you log out from the CLAT Online Application Processing System (CoAPS), midway.
Q.7. What documents do I need to keep handy before filling CLAT 2020 application form? Or What are the pre-requisites of CLAT application form?
Ans: The law aspirants need to keep a certain set of documents ready before filling the application form of CLAT 2020. Check here-