Hi Friends, if you’ve decided for a testing or automation interview, then you must read all of these QA interview questions and answers. Revising them on a regular basis will boost your confidence.
QA interview questions and answers you find at Chandigarhstudy.com are solely established out of the many real-time interviews. All of the QA interview questions and scenarios listed here are based on live experience and were asked during actual QA interviews.
Hence If you are a QA engineer and looking for a QA or testing job, this will immensely benefit from the below content. In case you are planning of QA interview for the first time, then our QA interview questions set can help you even better.
Let’s now check out the set of Top 10 interview question answers for software testing jobs.
1) What is the difference between the QA and software testing?
The role of QA (Quality Assurance) is to monitor the quality of the process to produce a quality of a product. While the software testing, is the process of ensuring the final product and check the functionality of the final product and to see whether the final product meets the user’s requirement.
2) Mention the different types of software testing?
- Unit testing
- Integration testing and regression testing
- Shakeout testing
- Smoke testing
- Functional testing
- Performance testing
- White box and Black box testing
- Alpha and Beta testing
- Load testing and stress testing
- System testing
3) What is beta testing?
Testing performed by potential customers at their own locations.
4) What is Test case?
The test case is a specific term that is used to test a specific element. It has information of test steps, prerequisites, test environment and outputs.
5) What is Agile testing and what is the importance of Agile testing?
Agile testing is software testing, which involves the testing of the software from the customer point of view. The importance of this testing is that, unlike normal testing process, this testing does not wait for a development team to complete the coding first and then doing testing. The coding and testing both go simultaneously. It requires continuous customer interaction.
It works on SDLC ( Systems Development Life Cycle) methodologies, it means that the task is divided into different segments and compiled at the end of the task.
6) Mention the Top 5 tools used by a tester while testing?
- YSlow for FireBug
- Web Developer toolbar for firefox
7) What is the difference between Testing Techniques and Testing Tools?
Testing technique: – Is a process for ensuring that some aspects of the application system or unit function properly there may be few techniques but many tools.
Testing Tools: – Is a vehicle for performing a test process. The tool is a resource to the tester, but itself is insufficient to conduct testing
8) What is the difference between the white box, black box, and gray box testing?
Black box testing is a testing strategy based solely on requirements and specifications. Black box testing requires no knowledge of internal paths, structures, or implementation of the software being tested.
White box testing is a testing strategy based on internal paths, code structures, and implementation of the software being tested. White box testing generally requires detailed programming skills.
There is one more type of testing called gray box testing. In this, we look into the “box” being tested just long enough to understand how it has been implemented. Then we close up the box and use our knowledge to choose more effective black box tests.
– The bug is assigned to development project manager who will analyze the bug.He will check whether it is a valid defect. If it is not the valid bug is rejected, now status is REJECTED.
– If not, next the defect is checked whether it is in scope. When the bug is not part of the current release.Such defects are POSTPONED
– Now, Tester checks whether the similar defect was raised earlier. If yes defect is assigned a status DUPLICATE
– When the bug is assigned to a developer. During this stage, bug is assigned a status IN-PROGRESS
– Once the code is fixed. The defect is assigned with FIXED status.
– Next, the tester will re-test the code. In case the test case passes the defect is CLOSED
– If the test case fails again the bug is RE-OPENED and assigned to the developer. That’s all to Bug Life Cycle.
10) What is Automation Testing?
Automation testing or Test Automation is a process of automating the manual process to test the application/system under test. Automation testing involves use to a separate testing tool which lets you create test scripts which can be executed repeatedly and doesn’t require any manual intervention.
11) Why should Selenium be selected as a test tool?
- is free and open source
- have a large user base and helping communities
- have cross Browser compatibility (Firefox, chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari etc.)
- have great platform compatibility (Windows, Mac OS, Linux etc.)
- supports multiple programming languages (Java, C#, Ruby, Python, Pearl etc.)
- has fresh and regular repository developments
- supports distributed testing
12) Does QTP run in any environment?
No, QTP works only in the windows environment.
13) What is functional system testing?
Testing the end to end functionality of the system as a whole is defined as a functional system testing.
Characteristics of a good test case.
- Title A clear and one-liner title to show the intent the test case.
- Purpose A brief explanation of the reason the test case was developed.
- A representation in words of the nature and characteristics of the test case.
- Test objects An unambiguous feature or module is being tested.
- Preconditions Conditions that must be met before this test is executed.
15) When do you choose automated testing over manual testing?
1. Frequency of use of test case
2. Time Comparison (automated script run much faster than manual execution.)
3. Reusability of Automation Script
4. Adaptability of test case for automation.
5. Exploitation of automation tool
I hope all of you would have enjoyed this quick QA interview questions round. We at Chandigarhstudy.com try to give our best we can to serve our readers. One and only one thing makes us satisfied is the gratification of our audience.