Table of Contents
What is CAT?
CAT is a computer-based standardized test held annually for admission to various courses under Master of Business Administration and Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA/PGDM). This year, CAT exam will be conducted on November 26, 2017, at 140 test cities in India. Inadvertently, CAT 2017 exam date is clashing with IIFT 2018 and IBPS PO 2017 Mains exam. As the schedule for CAT 2017 came later, chances for rescheduling the exam date are fewer.
Get details about the CAT exam paper, registration procedure, best management institutes, etc. Also have a look at past years’ actual test papers, solutions, detailed analysis and practice mock CAT tests to clear the cutoff score and get admission in Best CAT Coaching Institutes in Chandigarh.
Top 5 CAT Coaching Institutes in Chandigarh with Fee Details
Here’s a list of some of the institutes specialized in providing coaching for CAT:
1. Chandigarh Academy
No. 1 Coaching Institute in Chandigarh – Chandigarh Academy. We are a team of experts who help the students to get a good score in CAT Exam. This is Academy which provides a very easy method and techniques to crack the exam. Professional Tutorials has a reputation of working on the basics. However, for the past few years, they could not produce a lot of toppers and their study material is also a bit insufficient as per the student’s feedback.
Address: SCO 54-55, 3rd Floor, Sec. 34-A, Chandigarh-160022
Website Link: http://www.chandigarhacademy.com/
Phone Number: +91-9915109266
2. Surbhi Academy
Surbhi Academy is the top most academy for the preparation of CAT coaching in Chandigarh, Panchkula, Mohali. Surbhi Academy Chandigarh offers both classroom and online coaching. Their study material is good but the teaching methods need some improvement. Suurbhi Academy has been able to tap the use of technology in providing up to date coaching to students. Classroom coaching depending upon the duration of the course.
Website Link: http://www.surbhiacademy.com/
3. Defense Academy
One Stop Solution to Crack your CAT Entrance Exams. We are as Best CAT Coaching Institute in Chandigarh, encourage students to choose the best suitable place of study through our specialized counseling methods and based on the student’s ability, academic profile, and communication skills. With the idea of empowering our community through the light of education, career plus is always engaged itself with updated news and every minute details of admission procedure.
Address: SCO 54-55, 3rd Floor, Sec. 34-A, Chandigarh-160022
Website Link: http://www.defenceacademy.in/
Phone Number: +91-9915337448
4. Edu Crop Consultancy Services Pvt. Ltd.
Edu Crop Consultancy is judged as the best organization for giving best CAT Coaching in Chandigarh from Past 3 years, fundamentally on the grounds that it doesn’t trade off with its quality and standard of instructing. It is difficult being the best; however, the Mentors Academy group is dependable up for a test of the most noteworthy extent. Mentors Academy is the top coaching organization The Edu Crop, a noteworthy division of Career Shapers, has been centering for as far back as 3 years to sustain a standard quality instruction to the hopeful who need to make an imprint in the scholarly and who need to be ones to continue with the lamp of edifying for the future eras. A few Mentors attempt to discover new traps to make Edu Crop unique in relation to different foundations which make this Institute for giving the best CAT coaching in Chandigarh.
Address: SCO 493-494, Top Floor, Sec. 35-C, Chandigarh-160036
Website Link: http://educorp.in/
Phone Number: 0172-5052345, 99-88-88-7003
T.I.M.E. is today acknowledged as a multi-location, multi-programme training specialist runs on corporate lines and offers a wide range of programmers not only for national and state-level entrance exams like the CAT, MAT, JEE MAIN, and JEE ADVANCED but also for international exams like GMAT, GRE, IELTS, and TOEFL.
Address: S.C.O. 76-77, 2nd Floor, Above HDFC Bank, Sector 8-C, Madhya Marg, Chandigarh – 160018
Website Link: http://www.time4education.com/
Phone Number: 0172-4630020, 0172-4630021
CAT Exam Pattern
CAT Exam pattern changes every year. This year to the same pattern is said to be followed. The marks allotted for each section is given in the table below:
The exam will have 3 sections:
|Sections||No of Questions||Duration|
|Verbal Reasoning and Reading Comprehension||34||60 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||34||60 Minutes|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||32||60 Minutes|
Section 1- Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability
- There was no question based on Vocabulary and Grammar.
- RC had 3 passages with 6 questions each & 2 passages with 3 questions each and was direct in nature.
- All the Verbal Ability questions were TITA and comprised of Jumbled Paragraphs, Odd One Out and Para Summary Questions.
- Summary questions were straight forward.
- Odd Sentences Out were time-consuming
Section 2- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- It had 4 sets each of DI and LR.
- DI based questions were easier to solve than that of LR.
- The virtual calculator was very useful in some of the questions.
Section 3- Quantitative Ability
- Questions were of the moderate level of difficulty.
- The maximum numbers of questions were from Arithmetic and Geometry.
- Less TITA based questions (7) as compared to the year 2015 (10).
- Image of the Square Root sign in some of the questions resembled more like a PI and thus created confusion.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD)/Differently Abled (DA) category) awarded by any recognized University or Institute.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the program provisionally, only if she/he submits a certificate within the stipulated date.