Chandigarh is the well-planned city & is also known as the “Garden City” of India.
It has one of the best-maintained parks, roads, lakes & other infrastructure.
Chandigarh itself is the very beautiful city & it attracts the visitors from all over the world because of its unique & creative gardens.
Plenty of beautiful & unique gardens add to the beauty of city’s landscape which attracts the tourists & also providing them the fresh air & a soothing environment to its residents & tourists too.
There are many reasons that lead to addressing the city as THE CITY BEAUTIFUL such as Chandigarh is the best city to inhale in & it has also ranked as least populated city in India. There are many trees which are running to the alongside every road which gives the city a peaceful environment.
Table of Contents
Chandigarh is the beautiful city & the climate of the city is very soothing & is as such that accommodate several types of flora that contains different types of climatic regions.
The city of Chandigarh is essentially proud of its beautiful garden & landscape. The unique gardens not only attract the tourists but also make Chandigarh as one of the most beautiful city in India & it also allows its residents to stay in the constant touch with the soothing & the peaceful environment.
Famous Gardens in Chandigarh
There are maximum number of gardens in Chandigarh which are adding to the beauty of landscape & attracting number of tourists towards it.
- Rock Garden – The rock garden of Chandigarh is a sculpture garden in Chandigarh. The rock garden was also named as Nek Chand’s Rock Garden after its founder Nek Chand. It is spread over an area of 40 acres. The Nek Chand’s Rock Garden is completely built of industrial & home waste & thrown away items.
The garden consists of many sculptures that have been made of scrap & another kind of wastes.
It is famous for its uniqueness & beautiful beauty which is surrounded all over
- Rose Garden – Rose garden is the beautiful garden of Chandigarh which is situated within the area of 27 acres & was set up in 1967.
Rose garden is named after India’s former president, Zakir Hussain.
Chandigarh rose garden consist of more that 18,000 plants with a wide variety of roses. It is a very spacious garden with the soothing environment all over.
Not only the roses but, also the medicinal plants also add beauty to the landscape of the Rose Garden.
- Pinjore Garden – Pinjore Garden is the place which has attracted the attention of many tourists. Chandigarh Pinjore Garden is also known as Yadavindra Garden.
Huge trees, green grass, theses walkways just add to the beauty, charm & elegance of the Pinjore Garden. Special programs are arranged at Pinjore Garden for some special festivals such as Baisakhi & the Mango festival which is very popular.
It is famous for its uniqueness & beautiful beauty which is surrounded all over.
- Terrace Garden – Terrace garden was set up in 1979, covering an area of 10 acres. Terraced Garden is very beautiful garden & the main attractive part of Terrace garden is the musical fountain that is situated over there very beautifully.
The environment over there is very pleasant & soothing, people generally visit over there to enjoy the peaceful environment & to feel the cool breeze.
It is a very nice place to visit with the family as it has very natural environment which really relax the mind, soul & body of an individual.
- Cactus Garden – Cactus & Succulent botanical garden & research centre are the real names of cactus garden. It is the largest botanical garden in the Asia. It is located at a distance of 8kms from the city of gardens & it covers the whole area of 7 acres.
It is situated in the city of punchkula which is also known as a satellite city of Chandigarh. The unique garden consists of 3 green houses. Cactus garden consist of nearly 3500 different kinds of species.
- Leisure Valley – The Leisure Valley in Chandigarh is the perfect place to take a break from the busy schedules of daily life. Leisure Valley is a place where people can enjoy a clean environment & breathe in the fresh air. This valley is now 8kms long.
As we go with the old saying that “A healthy mind resides in a healthy body”, the valley also satisfies the needs of the health freaks.
The Leisure Valley is one of the best place to visit which provides you the chance to enjoy the beauty of nature.
- Botanical Garden – The botanical garden is the very unique garden which is situated in the middle of the Sukhna Lake & Rock Garden. The garden is situated at the vast area covering the maximum area of habitat which is consist of 88 acres of land.
There are 15 botanical sections in the garden & it was set up for the main reason to develop the research & development about the flora heritage.
There are number of medicinal plants & herbs which are situated in the botanical garden & has been developed around forty acres of land.
No wonder “CHANDIGARH” is the best-planned city in India which is often called the “City Beautiful” or the “Garden City” both found the appropriate tags given by its residents.